19 Nov 2010

the first project for BA Fine Art

  Basically, I started my project 2 month ago, so I will try to write my best.
  My starting point is
smells memories, it is all because of my sensitive nose. I can feel evocative smell about 7 times a day. I've written about my smells in the diary during one week and I've understood lot's of things. First of all, a big part (about 90%) of my memories are enjoyable, the most amazing memory is a sea smell, and the rest part are ugly smells, such as rubbish or even perfume who used it your not a good friend. I can remember some periods of time with my nose, when I feel familiar smell I can quickly remember good or bad memories of my life and when memories are good you can feel lovely emotional feeling inside your body, I think it’s something strange like love. Every people in whole world can pick up different smells despite humans with disabilities.



  I interpreted this idea into visual realization, I tried to show the best way. For a start, I took a picture with two signs, on the left side of it is ‘in’ sign and on the right side is ‘out’ sign which mean ‘breath in and breath out’ smell, and in the middle is a ‘spirit’ of scented human. 





  Then, I took another picture, I tried to show the idea, for example, a piece of smelly fabric is blow by wind and you can feel from the picture a light of a breath. 












After all, finally, I have found new idea; I combined real smells and paintings. The final piece will be installation: 







  • I took three small canvases and small jars;
  • I painted three canvases;
  • The main theme of the picture is celebration
  • Smells are different and they are taken from my memory:
  1. The first one is smell of candles, matches or sparkles;
  2.  the other one is the smell of balloons;
  3. and the last one is smell of chocolate cake.






I believe that the piece of work will hang on the ceiling, you can move around it and look at paintings and pick up three different smells.

  I found that this project is amazing, because it is something new for me and I have never seen it before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment